Saturday 24 November 2012

Saturday Shoot//ambulans in nix

A walk in the snow, 
Not below zero,
Rather just above.

A frosted thistle
Bedecked with crystals
Brittle to beauty.

A driveway and grass,
The fun times that passed
And those yet to come. 

Grass out of season 
Lost all its reason
When weather moved in.

  
Though lacking a lens
 I shot geese in tens...
They soon dissapeared 

 
Thorns and red berries
(Nothing like cherries) 
Bring Snow Queen to mind 'til

A cold blast of pine
Shows that it's alive,
And I don't mind the tales anymore.

Over and out, done for the day,
A locust leaf in the road lay.
Such an oddity, glad I'd spotted it, 
And with that I was glad I had abulans in nix.


In Watership Down, one of the characters stated that "many human beings say that they enjoy the winter, but what they really enjoy is feeling proof against it" (Adams 464).  I am not completely sure that statement is all true, but in a sense it is.  We feel proof against the cold sitting by our fire, but having a warm fire is completing and makes for a wonderful place to read together.  

Adams, Richard. Watership Down. New York: Scribner, 2005. Print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment