Monday 15 April 2013

On Being Consistent

So today I decided to write about being consistent. No, I am not a consistent blogger, but I do aim for consistency in other areas, for "He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6)

Firmness of constitution and character; the condition of adhering together; resistance to movement or separation from something, something that rarely, if ever, changes. Pertaining to friendships, I believe this is important. Yes, it is true that we all need room to grow and learn new lessons, but to have a consistent friend is a relief: One can depend on them. Always.

One massive signal of consistency is being dependable in various areas.  One of my passions is to be for people where they need me, where God needs me. Lately, one way I have found is most effective is to stand up for my friends, and I follow through with that when I feel I should, even if they do not do the same. Not only is that doing the right thing, but our Savior is being illustrated.

Christ completed and completes the greatest act of dependable consistency; not only did He stand up for us, but He did so up against God's wrath.  It's true you or I may face the ridicule of different persons, but what Christ did on the cross surpasses all of that.

It's not about me, it's not about us. The least we can do is stand up for our friends, even if those friends don't stand up for us, because in the end, when we've done all we can, we will have given others a glimpse of Christ-like consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment