Monday 31 March 2014

Music for Your Monday: The Reckless Raging Fury

Hi all!

Here's a taste of Rich Mullins. I've had an appreciation for his music ever since I was little, and now more than ever, I know it is because of the deep, poetically spiritual lyrics he created. It is a blessing to listen to artistry like this. Lyrics below; have a beautiful Monday.


There's a wideness in God's mercy
I cannot find in my own 
And He keeps His fire burning 
To melt this heart of stone 
Keeps me aching with a yearning 
Keeps me glad to have been caught 
In the reckless raging fury 
That they call the love of God 

Now I've seen no band of angels 
But I've heard the soldiers' songs 
Love hangs over them like a banner 
Love within them leads them on 
To the battle on the journey 
And it's never gonna stop 
Ever widening their mercies 
And the fury of His love 

Oh the love of God 
And oh, the love of God 
The love of God 

Joy and sorrow are this ocean 
And in their every ebb and flow 
Now the Lord a door has opened 
That all Hell could never close 
Here I'm tested and made worthy 
Tossed about but lifted up 
In the reckless raging fury 
That they call the love of God

No comments:

Post a Comment