Friday 15 February 2013

Of Seven Blessings

Greetings!  This week I have pictures; quite exciting.  


Librarians - We stopped by the library because I received an email notifying me of an item on hold. It has been a long-awaited film, very much anticipated by all.  However, when we arrived at our destination, it was apparently not present, as there had been a mix-up. Disappointed at the fact that we practically drove there for no reason, we were about to leave when one of the librarians called to us from the desk with a suggestion of films.  I know it is their job...but this was different.  If a librarian can be helpful, I can too.



Words - I find it amusing the way people relate to one another, and when people do so with choice words that are encouraging, uplifting, and pleasant, it makes words all the more enjoyable.  Edify; and use words wisely.


Medical Tape - Even though I use lubricant...fingers still split on account of dishes et cold weather.  However, medical tape is the rescue, and although it is never very pretty, it is practical, and practicality forever prevails for me.

Invitations - They make you feel thought of. (And do not most people like to be thought of?)  This is a blessing this week because I was invited to serve at a very special dinner.  I was very blessed, because this is something I have been intrigued about for a great while. 

Science Fiction - I cannot express my appreciation for it quite enough.  I suppose I read "dark" novels because they make me more appreciative of life, of esse, of being.  The world is "dirty," as a little friend once quipped. 1984, A Brave New World, Lord of the Flies, and Fahrenheit 451 are only a few, but they assist in setting me up to be ever more grateful for my Savior.

Walking - It is more often than not a subject of mine, but as of late, the skies are quite clear.  Clear skies are wonderful to star-gaze into and walk under, and it is even more exhilarating to singularly walk the driveway in the massive, still, cold.

Little Friends - They have so much to say (every moment of the day) and always want to play. But why not; they're priceless. (Even if all you end up doing is building a gargantuan lego-house with a colorful wall).


No comments:

Post a Comment