Monday 4 February 2013

Watership Down & Bright Eyes

Flying through music and school after a beautiful, icy-cold invigorating weekend church retreat, I found something exciting. If you've read Watership Down (which I did an analysis on), you would probably be familiar with the slightly morbid 1978 movie version, in which Art Garfunkel recorded a unique song (written by Mike Batt) for the credits. "Bright Eyes" fits the mood of the book so expressly, and when I found this cover, I thought of sharing it. I just hope some people have read the book so they understand what is the meaning of all this...

It made me laugh because it seems so typical of his character and musical orientation, but I had nothing more to say when I stumbled upon Adam Young's cover of "Bright Eyes."




No comments:

Post a Comment