Friday 18 January 2013

Of Seven Blessings

Giving - It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).  As of late, it was two pairs of mittens  to bless others, and the best part of this giving was the fact that it wasn't for any particular reason. I just did it, but I ended up being blessed as well.

Confidence – Not in me: My confidence does not lie in myself, but in him who redeemed me.  That's a blessing.

Reading with Family – We like to read aloud, and the fact that we can enjoy different literature genres together gives each of us a greater appreciation for the many great works.

Studies – (And no, not school studies.) Currently, I am taking in (or reading) various intriguing, challenging, and faith based books.  It's good for my soul, and God is so good to bless us with Christian authors who write to encourage.

"A Change in the Weather..." – There was a snowy day, and there was a sunny day.  It was nice to have a slight change, as the snow had almost disappeared, thanks to the biting winds. (However: The wind and fluctuating temperatures had a great deal to do with the erosion of our snowman, and though we enjoyed the weather, our snowman did not, as today marked the day of his tragic but natural decapitation.)

Soundtracks – I do admit that movie soundtracks make up a large percentage of my music library, but I was blessed with a new and special one.  This soundtrack traversed from across the pond, from the composer's studio in England to my possession.  Because it had never been universally or even nationally released, Nick Bicat's soundtrack for the 1982 film The Scarlet Pimpernel is particularly special.

The Little Things – Unexpected journeys, writing drafts that are haphazard and then randomly decide to '"turn out," opportunities to write outside of school, and piano runs that behave.

Tomorrow I'll post a recent shoot I did, but for now, have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Majorlike! Giving is such a great thing. I need to do more of it.

    Fabulous post, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it? (Giving, that is.) I'm finding out it's one of my languages.

      Delete