Friday 6 December 2013

Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie

Hello everyone! As a send off for the weekend, I'll share a recipe I made this week.

Here's the link:  Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie

Since I worked Thanksgiving, I did not have time to craft this masterpiece, so I made it midweek. On 'hump day,' to be precise. Using a recipe from Bon Appetit, some bourbon from Thanksgiving, and lots of natural maple syrup and cream (not to mention a propane torch), I brought forth...my first brûléed pie.

//apologies for la terrible photos...\\


After crimping the crust, I placed rice weights inside to keep the crust from bubbling. Only then did I brush the crust with egg (to give it extra shine, ya know).

This is probably the richest pie I have made. I mean, I literally kept adding stuff to it. Stuff like an entire cup of heavy cream. To me, you whip that and put it on top of the pie, not in the pie. Right? Oh no. 



The last thing I did was to brûlée the pie. I do not have my own kitchen torch, so I used our propane torch. Happily, I didn't burn the pie. And oh, was it ever so wonderful.

With whipped cream on top.

lovely winter weekend wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment