Tuesday 3 December 2013

From Minnesota Public Radio: Link

Elizabeth Berridge and Tom Hulce as
Constanze and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
in "Amadeus" (1984) (Warner Bros.) 
Greetings!

I came across this article written by Nasir Sakandar, a writer/journalist and Co-Editor in Chief of Dislocate, a Minnesota journal of writing and art.

Music for Living: Why Your Dating Life Needs Classical Music

In a world of pop music, I (albeit cling) listen to great amounts of classical. When I tuned in this morning, I found this article next to the pod cast, and it caught my eye. I thought it funny, but also so very true. Classical music is a river running deep.

Note: as a Christian, I believe dating relationships are for one reason alone, being to glorify God in searching for someone with which to advance His kingdom. Putting aside the cryptic words, dating is a job. You enter into a relationship, a gift from God, to pursue marriage. Personally, if there's not thought about marriage at all, then well...what are you on, a joy ride? It'd be interesting to have a Christian twist on this article, because classical music doesn't just give me a base passion, but a passionate appreciation for the creativity God blessed mankind with.

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond ALL MEASURE
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His Treasure.

Next time you listen to a passionate piece of classical, don't forget about how deep God's love is. Making a wretch His treasure?! Words cannot describe it

No comments:

Post a Comment